Legal help available at a reasonable price or for free

    You might be eligible for free or reduced-cost legal assistance if you are unable to afford it.

    You might get:

    Legal aid for serious problems

    Free, low-cost or fixed-fee legal advice from lawyers or advice charities

    Free legal assistance from your trade union, or another membership organization

    Legal advice regarding insurance policies

    Help paying court fees – Read about how GOV.UK can help you pay your court fees

    You can access free legal advice online if you have been arrested or are going to be interrogated at a station. It doesn’t matter how much you earn.

    Legal aid

    Legal aid may be available if your case is severe and you cannot afford to pay the legal costs.

    Legal aid might be available if you are:

    You or your children could be at risk from forced marriage or domestic violence

    You’ll be homeless

    Family mediation is necessary

    you’re being discriminated against

    You are taking a case to court pursuant to the Human Rights Act

    You’ve been charged with a crime, and you could be sent to prison

    There are two types of legal assistance: civil and criminal.

    Get free assistance

    You might be eligible for legal aid from a charity or volunteer lawyer if you are unable to pay for your own barrister or solicitor.

    Ask your local Citizens Advice

    You might find the nearest Citizens Advice able to assist you with:




    Employment rights


    Health or social care

    Housing and homelessness

    Asylum and immigration

    To find out if Citizens Advice can help you, contact them.

    Help with a consumer issue

    Citizens Advice can be reached at 1-800-467-4465 if you have a problem with a consumer.

    Locate a law center

    A solicitor or a trained legal advisor might be able to offer advice at a centre. The following services are offered by law centres:


    Community care





    Housing and homelessness

    Asylum and immigration

    The Law Centres Network website allows you to find the nearest law center.

    LawWorks can be reached at

    The LawWorks website allows you to search for free legal advice clinics. It also contains information about other organizations that may be of assistance.

    Advocate is here to help

    Advocate can help you get a volunteer lawyer to represent you if your case goes to court. Advocate can help you check if it might be able to assist you.

    Funding for exceptional cases

    There are a few chances that you may be eligible for ‘exceptional funding’ if you don’t qualify for legal aid.

    Share this


    What if I file bankruptcy? Can I keep my home?

    Like many other areas of law, the answer is "it depends." While most people who declare bankruptcy are able to keep their homes throughout the...

    Information about the NFL Concussion Lawsuit

    Dave Duerson, a supposedly self-inflicted gunshot to the chest rather than the head in order to avoid brain damage. According to the "NFL Concussion Lawsuit",...

    Are Car Accident Settlement Calculators Accurate?

    You may wonder how much an insurance company will pay for your injuries if you are in a car accident. An online calculator that...
    Subscribe ⇘

    Recent articles

    More like this

    error: Content is protected !!